Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pseudo-Interview with Adam Duvendeck

Robin Horwitz sat down with Adam Duvendeck during his Olympic Trials at ADT to talk about the upcoming American Velodrome Challenge.

Robin: Welcome to the American Velodrome Challenge blog, our readers are excited in having you here for the AVC and we're excited about this year's party as well.

Adam: Oh yeah, I can't wait for the AVC. I mean, Olympics is good and all but nothing beats the American Velodrome Challenge. I've got it marked on my calendar and I just think about it all the time.

Robin: Wow! I didn't realize it was that important to you. So what do you think of the competition you are going to face?

Adam: Truthfully, I'll tell you this - this Italian guy from Bay Area pisses me off. He's got a cool name, Giovanni Rey. I'm stuck with this name. He's been racing for years and is a legend in Japan. Nothing would make me happier than beating him. He's just got it all. I'm just hopeful Jason from Montano Velo is going to talk with me after the race in doing some races for him. He's got the best jerseys in the country!

Robin: Yikes! I didn't realize you felt this way. What about the party?

Adam: You know, one day I got this Testarossa wine and I thought it'd something good. Oh my god, I can't believe the quality of the wine. It's awesome. So I'm hoping to win the sprints real quickly on Saturday night so I can head over to the Beer Garden and enjoy some wine.

Robin: Sweet. What about the flying lap and 200tt records? How do you feel about them?

Adam: You know, it bothers me a lot those guys (Stephen Alfred and Jeff Solt) did them without any aero gear. I'm going all out for this one. Josiah who tried to break them last year, took it hard after AVC. I can't let that happen to me this year. I'll break them!

Robin: Wow - you're definitely taking this seriously.

Adam: Listen, This is the AVC!

Robin: Ok ok... Let's move on. Anything else you would like to add to this interview?

Adam: Bay Area's got the best fans and group of people who know how to put on the best races out there! You all need to do this more often! I just love it at San Jose! Maybe you all could get Milroy Construction to build something that'll cover this awesome track, Hellyer.

All the humor aside, Adam would like to thank his team Momentum Cycling and the owner, Howard Marans for providing him the opportunity to race year around in the World Cup races and the Olympics plus the American Velodrome Challenge. He also appreciates all the fans' support in trying to make the track racing grow.

No comments: